Visit / Reserve a Tour
Notice: The Couse-Sharp Historic Site will be closed Nov. 15-26. Skeleton crew will be available during normal office hours Nov. 15 and 20 to receive deliveries and conduct business. Normal winter office hours (10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday) and tour availability (noon-4) will resume Nov. 27. Thank you for your cooperation.
Request a Tour of the Couse-Sharp Historic Site
November 2018-April 2019 winter season
- Tours are available by appointment only, with availability Tuesday-Friday.
- Due to staffing and environmental constraints, tours are limited during the winter: many rooms are not heated, the garden is dormant, and some artwork is in storage.
- Winter tours are usually scheduled in the afternoon, and we reserve the right to cancel tours because of inclement weather, for the safety of our visitors, docents, and staff.
- November-April office hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m Tuesday-Friday.
- During the summer season, tours are available by appointment, weekdays and Saturdays 9:30-5.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday 9-5.
- Please provide at least one business day's notice, and more is helpful. Our staff is tiny and our docents are all volunteers who come in by appointment to give tours, so it can be difficult to schedule at the last minute. Upon receipt of your request we will contact you to confirm your reservation.
- Because of the length of the tour (1-1/2 to 2 hours generally) we do not schedule tour starts after 3 pm. We try our best to accommodate your preferred day and time.
- The Couse-Sharp Historic Site is over 100 years old and is not ADA accessible. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. If you have concerns about whether a member of your party will be able to negotiate the steps and uneven ground, please call to discuss.
If you have questions, need special arrangements, or in the event you need to cancel a scheduled tour, please contact us at 575-751-0369.
Admission is free for individuals and small groups, with donations welcome. Groups of 10 or more are $10 per person. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate bus tours.
All tours guided & by appointment only
May through October, Mon-Sat 9:30-5
November through April, Tue-Fri 12-4
Open Houses July-October
First Saturday of each month 3-5pm
146 Kit Carson Road, Taos, NM 87571